John Lleyton amazes me with his love of art and music. He will tell you all his letters, what sounds they make, his numbers, and even some in Spanish. He also likes to write his letters. He is trying so hard. So far he can make a T, O, Q, I, and X. He gets so frustrated when he can't make them without help. I have always encouraged him to read and listen to music as we just dont watch a lot of TV. I think this is where his love and infatuation with letters and numbers has come from. I have to credit a DVD we borrowed called "Letter Factory" for sparking some interest and "Your Baby Can Read" as well. He watched Letter Factory 4 times and was set as far as phonics. Its a great tool for early readers!
I have never pushed him into this. I just encourage his areas of interest as they come along. The poor child will probably never be able to swing a bat very well, but he might win the spelling bee! oh, and hunt :)
Right now, the child can hear guitar music anywhere. He has his own guitar, but plays Greg's as well. He loves to dance and sing! Hearing him sing "Jesus Loves Me" or "Hush Little Baby" to his teddy bear is priceless.
When its nice outside, I usually set him out there with water or chalk. At school they are allowed to write on thier privacy fence so he usually goes straight to the fence with the chalk then 'erases' it with water. Its a fun game I guess. He also insists that I be right there. The child has never let me get far from his sight. Everyone kept telling me it will turn around and change by the time he was 1, but we stick together like glue. I stand by my saying "He looks just like Greg, but is a little Kristy inside". He craves touch and laughter. He has a funny sense of humor but is also very sensitive. He loves the simple things in life and is very easy to reason with. These scenes below are the ones that stay in my memory when I think of my little man.
.
2 comments:
What a great idea! I actually never thought to let him take the chalk out back and write on the fence. Sam would love that. I am so impressed that he knows all of the sounds the letters make. Sam doesn't even know all of them and he's almost 5!
What a good idea - the chalk on the fence. Sam would love that! I'm so impressed that he knows the sounds of all of the letters too...Sam doesn't know all of them and he's almost 5!
Post a Comment