Joe and Poppy have a strange relationship. I think this is partly because Joe is so large that Poppy tends to be intimidated when he makes quick movements (as in, I think I see a treat in someones hand and I will plow down anything in my way to get it). Joe is a 100 pound lab with the demeanor of an angel. When Greg is not duck hunting he stays home with us and protects us. If it is cold, no matter how stinky that old dog is, he gets let in. There is a command that Greg taught him. Its the words "kennel". Whenever you say that word, and whatever you point to at the time you say it, is Joe's kennel. The green beach blanket is joe's kennel when Greg is out of town or hunting. Its funny to see such a large dog curl up into such a small ball.....kinda like a cat!
Most of the time, Poppy prefers for me to leave the back door propped open so he can have these at length conversations with Joe. Joe kisses him and he cries, and then mommy washes the kisses off and then Poppy goes right back......its a three ring circus at times because they cats are usually in theres somewhere too.
I really do love these two together.
No comments:
Post a Comment