Wednesday, December 01, 2010

My 2nd Birthday (July 2010)

I havent figured out how to get the pictures on this new blogger without doing them one by one.  For some reason it wont put them side by side without messing up margins and sizing, etc.  Sooo...I reverted back to an old fashioned slide show to get them all in without having to scroll forever.

John Lleyton turned 2 on July 30th, 2010.  We have a tradition in our family of keeping birthdays small and laid back.  We usually invite just family, you get to eat whatever you want on that day, and it is your day to do whatever you want.  If you want to invite a friend you can or you can invite 10 friends.....its all up to you! 

The theme this year was 'bugs'.  Jl has quite an obsession with bugs.  He worries when they are dead or sees dried worms and asks to hug them and pat thier backs so they will be okay.  Warms my heart.  He is really such a sweet little boy.

As a two year old, I feel he is pretty typical.  We love to run and play outside, read books, and anything to do with art and letters and numbers.  We are saying our alphabet, the sounds the letters make,and our numbers.  He is also trying to count in Spanish which he picked up from school.  He knows all his colors and shapes and loves to point them out when we are driving.

We also have started full fledged potty training.  he showed interest between 15 and 18 months and I didnt harbor it.  Now he is ready and insisting so I am going with it.  I am not ready, but he insists.  Right now, even though this post is dated to his birthday, he is in big boy underwear at school and having about 1 accident a day roughly.  That usually happens when he gets up from nap or is outside or if he 'leaks' while pottying inside.  I think thats pretty good so far.  He does excellent at home.  I take him every hour and he does what he needs to do each time. 

John Lleytons personality is really starting to show its true colors.  I say that, but really, looking back, he is just like he was as a baby, just verbal.  He is very verbal, intense, serious, extremely happy, great sense of humor, and a charmer.  He is a strong boy emotionally and physically.  He is cautious and brave at the same time.  He tends to prefer Mommy most of the time and our bond is something I have yet to be able to describe. 

I haven't posted about his health in a while....probably because he has been doing so well!  We have him on an organic diet most of the time.  We stick to it as much as possible so we can allow room for slip ups.  ----Like on his birthday, or at birthday parties, or out to eat with family, and other events.   We try to get his meals sent to school as much as possible, have his meds worked out to a T, and have narrowed all reactions down so far.  He is doing great.  Pretty much all we deal with now is seasonal allergies which induce his asthma.

Just some side notes:  I am putting some things JL says often that crack me up and some names we call him

Names:  Puddin Pants, Handsome pants, Pumpkin Pants, boo Boo, Poppy, and now "potty pants"

What does JL say:
Mommy I need lovies
I'm the muffin man
Mom I dont need hugs, I'm a big boy and can brush it off
I love chocolate like mommy does
I sure am shhhhtinky
----he also has these full fledge conversations with out pets.  He reveals his entire day to them then bosses them to go eat or potty.  He tells the cats he likes "Ay-pples and Buh-Nay-Nays" while chasing them.  And he tells Joe-----"dont eat my chalk, its my toy, gentle touches."

enjoy the pics


No comments: