Saturday, July 09, 2011

Perplexing questions

JL just does his best to perplex us as parents.  Sometimes the questions he asks dont have answers. Really, they just dont. Other times, we have answers for them and they just arent good enough for him or he realizes we are are 'brushing over' the truth.  This makes it hard, but we just do the best we can when answering questions like"


"Do Mommies and Daddies die?"
"Can I be a brother to a boy one day?"
"Will I get to be a daddy someday?"....and the kicker....
"Where do babies come from?"


His burning question today was if there were sharks at the lake.  We explained they lived in the ocean, not lakes or ponds, but we had to be careful here because we are planning a beach vacation.  I drew an ocean and a house and showed him how far sharks live away from the shore.  The fact that he cant see through the lake water concerns him because he cant touch bottom or see what is down there.  Same goes for the ocean at times if we kick up sand.


The cutest question of the day came from the backseat and I thought he was almost asleep when he started the following conversation with me:


"Mama, am I am big boy?"
"Yes, honey and you are gonna be 3 so soon!"
"If I am 3, then I use my manners like I did today right?"
"Yep, you are right, you were so good today."
"Mama, if I am such a big boy then why are my feet still so small?"


I just had to laugh.  ohhhh.....(sigh).....Love my little man.  Just like his daddy...he can always make me smile.

No comments: