I know he looks JUST like Greg.......but when he says "Mama I want cookies and milk for breakfast".....I know he is really ME inside :)
We are blessed with a great eater. I have kiddos on my caseload that will only eat white or wont eat anything unless its crunchy....and the list goes on and on. When JL was about 8 months old, I went to a conference in Las Vegas for three days on Feeding, swallowing, and Reflux. I think it was the best conference I have ever gone too.
It really helped me understand the natural and unnatural process of feeding starting from birth. Since I am lucky to have a good eater, he often does get cookies and milk (or something sweet with milk) for breakfast. Growing up, I never liked to eat breakfast because it always made my stomach hurt and then I would have an awful bowel twist. Happens to this day if I eat a 'healthy' breakfast. My mom insisted I eat something before I left the house to get my metabolism going and blood sugar normal....so she asked me what I wanted. I told her "cookies and milk". From that day forward, that was what I had. Its more like a couple of cookies and a BIG glass of milk, but nonetheless.....its quite enjoyable!
No comments:
Post a Comment