Recently I was asked to present at a Spring Forum on developmental milestones for speech therapy. I found the speaker way down inside of me and ended up having a great time with the participants. I presented on where your child should be for ages birth to five and how to facilitate speech and language for those ages. It was really fun! Here is where you should be if you are JL's age (21 months). I found this in a bag of stuff I brought home from the hospital and I found it to be a great abbreviated version. Why am I posting this? This is the most common age group I get asked about.
18 months:
1. points to things he or she knows
2. points to body parts
3. says 6-10 words at a time
4. Uses names of things and words to describe them (hot or big)
Age 2 years:
1. Talks constantly
2. Calls self by name
3. asks for foods and drinks
4. knows 300 words or more and attempts to use them most of the time.
you can see the rapid growth of words in just 2 months!
No comments:
Post a Comment