“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Update on John Lleyton
By the time he goes to his 6th month he will be almost 7 months old...so I will post again soon when we get those stats :) For now, here is what the little man is doing:
He reached out to me for the first time on command yesterday. Talk about melting my heart.
He is sitting up with very minimal assistance. Sometimes he gets so excited he topples over.
He loves prunes, pears, sweet peas, green beans, bananas, sweet potatoes, squash, and apples.
Tummy time is something he is enjoying more and more.
He loves, loves, loves mirrors. He gets the biggest smile when he sees faces in the mirror.
No new teeth as of yet, but he loves to munch on frozen peas (in a mesh bag teether). I his top two teeth are coming soon!
The jumper is his favorite past time as of now. He also really loves his leapfrog book. I know he is too young for it according to the package, but the boy has LOVED books since he was 2 months old. He tries to point to the words when I am reading. It is pretty funny!
Speaking of pointing, he has gotten the hang of his pointer finger. He points at everything when he wants it.
Stoplights are no longer dreaded (as much). He previously cried at EVERY stop light. The boy has to be in constant motion I swear. Now he talks to me and sings in the back seat. He does still cry if in his seat too long because he gets hot. I dont foresee a long road trip anytime soon :)
His favorite songs: "Where is Thumbkin", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", and "Oh Christmas Tree"
John Lleyton was sick from Wednesday of last week through Sunday morning. No fever, but vomiting till Friday night and super lethargic. We called the hotline that directs you to ACH on Thursday night because he was throwing up every hour. They suggested we mix Pedialite with water and give to him a teaspoon at a time every 10 minutes. When he could keep that down for an hour we could increase it to 2 teaspoons. They also told us to go to the doc. We got in the next day and were told he had a really bad ear infection and the stomach bug. He was given an antibiotic for the ear infection, some medicine to settle his stomach, and a shot of Roceferin (spelling?). We had to wait for 24 hours before starting the ear infection meds to make sure he could keep liquids down. It was miserable to watch him in so much pain. Throughout all of this, we had to go down to NO RICE in the bottle and he was not able to keep down his reflux meds. We have not added the rice back and his reflux seemes to be fine. I always wondered how you knew you could take you baby off the meds or when we could stop doing the rice. I guess God knew I needed a clear sign....so ....at his 6 month check up I will ask and keep monitoring how well he is doing now.
One more thing. Apparantly he has a girlfriend at day care. What a little ladies man! Her name is Charley and she 'soothes' him when he is upset. Today when Greg dropped him off at daycare, he was laid down next to her and immediatly started crying (because of course he is a big boy and big boys sit up...so he thinks). Charley reached over and grabbed his hand and he was quieted within seconds. Apparantly she likes his paci too. Maybe this is baby version of kiss chase :) Charley and John Lleyton almost share a birthday. Her mother and I were in the hospital having our little ones at the same time! John Lleyton was born a day later and we went in on the same day. They were also baptized together. Is this destiny or what? hehehehe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He's growing up so quickly, Kristy! What a little MAN!!
Post a Comment