Sunday, January 04, 2009

Date Night

Greg and I had a date night to celebrate our upcoming new year. It was nice to get out! We started out at The Wine Cellar. If you have not been there, you must go! It was so neat. I dont know much about wine, but I know I like it very sweet. They had three white wines there that I tried and I ended up finding a new wine I liked...and it wasnt a Reisling! We took a pic with my phone, but the quality is horrible. I posted it below anyway! Here is the website to the Wine Cellar: http://www.fayettevillewinecellar.com/index.html very snazzy. We then made our way to Bordino's. It is where we met on a blind date so it is always special to us. Because we were so early, we had a room all to ourselves. Very romantic! We ordered our faves: Kristy: Goat Cheese Gnocchi and Smoked Duck Confit with a White Wine Cream Sauce, Asparagus, Craisins and Pine nuts Greg: Fettuccini, Wild Boar Sausage, Cremini Mushrooms and roasted Bell Peppers with a White Wine Cream Sauce and shaved Grana Padano Parmesan Did you know that Bordino's offers a gluten free menu as well as supports several of our local farmers? Wow! After dinner we just drove around town and talked.....nice relaxing evening. When we returned home, Poppy was still awake and happy to see us. While visiting with Greg's parents, Poppy fell asleep while Dale was rocking him. He slept through the nite again!

4 comments:

The Elliott's said...

Glad that you guys got a night out. Another night of sleep...it's a whole new world isn't it?!

Cindy Watson said...

I am so glad you guys got to go out. Sounds fun! And Dale...that old softy.

Matt and Jolee said...

How fun! Good for you guys. Did you talk about John Lleyton the whole time? That's what Matt and I always do when we are by ourselves! Funny, huh? I'm so happy he's sleeping through the night. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Once they start doing it, they seem pretty consistent at it. Of course, it won't be 100% but at least it's a good start!!

The Traxsons said...

Sounds like a great night! I'm so glad you guys took some time to yourselves, you definitely deserve it. That's one thing Tim and I have not done a lot of since having Sam, but it's one of my non New Year's Resolutions (because I don't really make resolutions, but I think of all of these things that I should change!).