“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
Thursday, January 01, 2009
2008 in Review and the upcoming 2009
Wow! 2008 seemes to have gone by so fast. I cant believe all that has happened! Below is a summary of our year and what our plans are for 2009. Enjoy!
2008
January 2008
Enjoyed the news from December, stating we were pregnant!
We also got a visit from Courtney from Puerto Rico
Kristy and Carmen went to New York...we flew solo without our tour guide, Amy. We rode the subway and made our way around the city and missed her much! I was sick while we were there, but Carmen went at my pace and I think we both feel like we got a good feel for the city. If we ever go back, we know exactly where we want to eat and want to go when it is warmer :)
March 2008
We found out John Lleyton was a boy! The planning began! Greg Bought baby camo.
June 2008
We had our first baby shower. John Lleyton was 'showered' with many gifts. There were gifts that I will cherish for ever. He got many monogrammed goodies and a complete wardrobe until he is 1!. The girls at work provided us with everything we would need to take care of our newborn son. We literally, still, have not had to get a thing but diapers and formula...oh and rice rice rice :)
July 2008
John Lleyton entered our lives. I feel like 2008 started here!
August 2008
We came home from the hospital with our new son!
September 2008
I returned to work from an 8 week maternity leave and John Lleyton started day care.
Greg got a new truck as he needed a back seat to haul his little hunting buddy around.
October 2008
John Lleyton started his new day care :) (and contracted his first cold) :(
We attended our first parent teacher conference. John Lleyton was doing well.
November 2008John Lleyton was baptized.
December 2008
We had our first Christmas as a family of three! It was wonderful!
Now for 2009
Would we change anything about 2008?...NO. Would we do things differently? For the first time in my life...NO. I usually look back and say...I would do this or that differently. I think we are happy about how things have turned out!
What will we choose to do BETTER for 2009? Let's see.....
1. Kristy will be learning Spanish....again.
2. Poppy and daddy will be learning AND using sign language.
3. Greg is planning to extend his Northwest Arkansas practice to the Fort Smith / Van Buren Area and looking forward to new friends and challenges. NO we are NOT Moving!
4. Greg and Kristy are going to eat healthier. We have never really done this togther...so a joint effort should be interesting!
5. We are also vowing to become more green. No more water bottles and no more grocery/ shopping bags! sorry....disposable diapers are wonderful. We will be eating whatever Greg brings home and all organic meat. We started this while I was pregnant and it is so easy to do. We will also expand our garden. I cant wait!
6. Greg is hoping to make an elk hunting trip to Colorado in the spring.
7. Kristy is hoping to make a girls trip this year!
8. We are both going to work harder to get debt paid off sooner so we dont have to work so hard later! Gotta love grad school and law school expenses that continue to haunt us!
9. Get more sleep...this is actually Poppy contingent :)
10. We will continue our search for land on which to build our future house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay for John Lleyton sleeping through the night! Do you feel like a new woman or what?! It was probably his New Year resolution.
Where do you buy your organic meat? We'd like to do the same.
Good synopsis!
Post a Comment