Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Poppy Update

I guess I need to clarify to those of you that dont know....Greg and I affectionately refer to Baby Brown as Poppy. We came up with this name because when I found out I was pregnant, I was four weeks along, and the baby was the size of a "poppy" seed. With that wealth of background knowledge, I will give you an official update :) Today was my second appointment. I was able to meet Dr. Pickhardt. He was so nice and had a great bedside manner. Greg went to the doctor with me in hopes of getting to hear Poppy's heartbeat. WE DID!!! It was so fast! Dr. Pickhardt was able to find the heartbeat really quickly. I got tickled and giggle so hard when I heard it. I laughed so hard, we lost the heart beat! After the ultrasound, Greg left the room while I stayed with Dr. Pickhardt for some more 'visiting'. As I walked out from my appointment I realized I couldnt find Greg. I called him on his cell phone and he was upstairs looking at the babies in the nursery and drinking some coffee. He had scoped the whole place out and found the two funniest things together....coffee and babies! heheheh He was pretty pumped there was an Arsaga's upstairs. Right now Poppy is the size of a medium green olive, has all fingers and toes, arms and legs, and even eye lids and earlobes! Isnt the miracle of life amazing?!

6 comments:

Cindy Watson said...

we love you already poppy! you will love your mom and dad...they are both incredibly smart and beautiful people. you are so blessed to call them mom and dad. there is one rule...no sucking your thumb!

Matt and Jolee said...

Ahh! Getting that little heartbeat is the best thing ever. That was when I felt relief with all of mine. So, I'm assuming there were not 2 heartbeats? When are they gonna do an ultrasound? How exciting!! Life is amazing. I don't understand how something that complex can grow inside of you in only 40 weeks. Only one answer: God :-)

Kathleen Villar said...

Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy! It was not that long ago that Cody and I heard that little "galloping horse" noise.

Just an FYI: We rented a fetal doppler heart monitor from a company online called Belly Beats (www.bellybeats.com). We only kept it a month (I think it was $20/month), but wished I had it longer. It was so comforting and fun for us to be able to listen in on our little one whenever we wanted to. It was funny how "date" nights turned into "doppler" nights and now we have "diaper" nights!

Amber said...

I also had the heart monitor...but I had it all 9 months!!! I loved being able to hear Sam anytime. I highly recommend getting it. I sent it back right before our c-section! So excited to meet poppy already!

The Traxsons said...

Hearing the heartbeat is so exciting! I can hardly wait to meet little Poppy!!

Anonymous said...

Oh terrific! And "good job" Greg! I welcome you to the wonders of parenthood! I can still remember hearing Asher's heartbeat for the first time and how thrilled Dyron and I were...! Pregnancy is just the first teeny-tiny baby step - we are in our 8th year of parenting and it still "brings us to our knees." Most of all, we praise God for the blessing of our children and know he has a specific plan for all of them. May God bless you both on your new journey and congratulations!