I read the funniest article the other day about how your life changes with kids. I think for Greg and I its is just halarious. We didnt meet till we were 30 and I had JL at 33....now at 36 it seems like we are just getting our groove as a family back.
Its kind of like living a life on an IEP (individual education plan). It has a yearly plan with modifications and requires a team to make it work successfully.
One modification that I became aware of tonight was one that I will call .....THE FILTER.
JL doesnt have a filter quite yet so it is up to Greg and I to create one. This modification can be quite tricky. Tonight, we had to create a filter and this was how it happened:
We noticed, as I was pulling into the driveway, that we had gotten a new neighbor. He was moving all of his garage supplies in and I quickly noticed he was restoring an old VW bug. I stated to Greg that I bet our other neighbor will like him since they both restore old things and he owns a VW bug as well.
Greg says "maybe I should go introduce myself". I agree and tell him that he could take JL and go visit while I unload the 1000 bags of therapy stuff out of my car. We then make eye contact and said "um no". It was sort of an unspoken rule....that we knew.....if we took JL over to the new neighbor......that he would say something unfiltered that would forever mark us as the neighbors with the rude child. I could just hear it now.
"Mama, where is his hair? Is he bald? Why?"
"Daddy, why is his back so hairy?"
"Mama why is he dirty?"
"Daddy does he brush his teeth?"----JL tends to ask this about everyone no matter how beautiful thier teeth are. Making one second guess thier oral hygiene.
Life with kids....does it get any better than this?
No comments:
Post a Comment