![]() |
| My first intentional smile for daddy caught on camera. |
Greg,
You are truly an amazing Daddy. The first time you held a baby was when you held your own. Your natural ability as a parent ceases to amaze me. You are gentle, kind, logical, and compassionate. Poppy worships you and it melts my heart every time he says "Mama, when I grow up I'm gonna be a daddy with a baby. I'm gonna throw him in the air and make him smile and laugh". Do you remember when I texted you the first time he said this?
I love how your family comes first and you do and have dropped everything to be with us. I love how even though its so hard for you to peel your eyes open in the morning, you do it just to get up and snuggle with JL while he eats his banana bread or cookies and milk. I love how you see us off in the morning and JL will not let me pull out of the driveway until he has told you I LOVE YOU with strict eye contact from you. I love how you put my coffee and one million bags in my car so that I can walk out to the car hands free with JL. I love how you call and check on JL on your way home from work and request to be put on speaker phone even though you will see him in 15 minutes. I love how you cook dinner for us every night and somehow, you are able to always come up with what JL requests. I love your late night trips to the grocery store when we are out of what JL needs for his lunch the next day at school. I love that you and JL have 'time in the woods' and how JL comes back beaming with joy about what you all have done while hiking. I love how JL requests that we all dance together and you always do, so gracefully (and I know how heavy he is ). I love how you go to all of his doctor appts with me each month so we are on the same page. I love how you line his medications up each morning for him to take and he labels what each one is for as you hand it to him. I love how even if we are on a date or have some alone time, you still talk about JL.
And lastly, I love how you love us so unconditionally, are so patient, kind, and giving.........just like the Bible verse we used in our wedding......you are still holding true.
Here are some of my favorite pictures of you all that I happen to have on my computer. I love you and Happy Father's Day.





1 comment:
I appreciate your kind words. You've just made my day (and year for that matter). Poppy and I couldn't do it without you. You are an outstanding mother and wife.
I love you both very much.
Post a Comment