A dear friend of mine, and college roomie, lost her dad during the same week as all of this went down. Its just one of those weeks that will always jog bitterweet memories.
I remember hearing that Greg got an elk. A record breaking elk at that. When he did return home, I was exhausted and worn down. The elk was in the back of his truck, blood running down the side of the truck....and it still looked beautiful to me. We will live off the meat for a while, but the one of the horses they rented on the trip did get away with a large portion of the meat. I really need to have Greg blog about the trip since I print our blogs into scrapbooks. This would be a good story for Poppy.
I knew he would have it mounted.....but just had no idea how big it would be, mounted, until now. I had a shower to attend on Friday, which was the day he got the elk from the taxidermist. Oh. My. Gosh. He sent me a text saying he picked up the elk and was headed to get JL from daycare.
30 minutes later I get a text from a friend (whose son also goes to JL's daycare)....that says "Oh my gosh, I saw Greg's record elk in his truck at daycare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cal said "Mommy, big big neigh neigh!". This got me laughing. I hadtn even thought about him rolling up at daycare with that massive monster in his truck! Embarassment sets in.
He gets the elk home and waits on me to get home to decide where to hang it. Um....we had no choice. The antlers are so large that we are stuck with hanging it in ONE place.....and it doesnt fit down our hallway so there is NO hiding it. For shame, For shame.
I'm a little out of sorts today because....well we had to rearrange the living room and I get kinda stuck on where things are. So here are some pics for you to see how large this beast is. JL gets to name it so I will post that later. Right now he seems to think "Greg" is a good name.
![]() |
| This is what I saw when I got home |
![]() |
| Its leaning on the couch. |
![]() |
| Um....whatever....sigh. |



No comments:
Post a Comment