Sunday, March 27, 2011

Timing is Everything

My parents came up yesterday to help lay the rest of the floor in our house and celebrate Mom's birthday.  This mission of the day was to get the floor finished.  In order for the mission to be completed on time, Mom and I had to keep JL OUT OF THE HOUSE.  No fun on a cold, dreary, misty day.  In the end, there was success.

The parental units got to our house around 8.  Mom and I were at ONF by 8:30 to do breakfast.  We did a little shopping at ONF then headed to Riff Raff.  I had the discussion with JL about how this store was full of breakables and this was a pointer finger store, not a pick up store.  He did well and only picked up on thing.  Cant blame him.  It was a huge rhinestone watch.  We shopped there for almost an hour!  It was so much fun.  We then headed to the mall where the purpose was to get an Easter outfit for JL. 

We headed to Baby Gap first.  No luck.  I always have to prepare JL for the transition so I said "Lets go to Gymboree where we can watch TV".  I thought the 'tv' would grab him.  No luck, he had found a fun blue chair in the Gap dressing rooms that he and MeMe were taking turns getting in and out of.   So I told him he could push the stroller to Gymboree and he was sold.  Much to my embarassment and surprise, as we are walking out of Gap, the staff says "good bye sweetie"......and JL responds with "We are going to Gymboree....to watch TV!". 

I have got to teach him that Timing Is Everything. 

Here are some pics from the day.  These first few are actually of last weekend when Dad came to help get the floor started.  JL wanted to help so bad.  I found his hammer out of his tool kit and let him hammer away.  He sort of resembles a plumber, if you know what I mean, in one of the pics. 




These next few pics are of Mom, her cake, and us with JL.  Not great pics, but documentary, nonetheless. 






We ended the night by eating at Greenhouse Grille.  Everyone loved it!

No comments: