About a month ago he wanted a banana. We had run out so I offered him an apple and told him we would get more bananas at the store. There usually would have been an "okay mama".....but no....this time he strategically placed himself on he kitchen floor (ever so gently so he wouldnt hurt himself...this was quite funny) and proceeded to whine, kick a little, and fake cry NOOOOOOOO. I just walked away. Mainly becuase I was laughing and didnt want him to see me.....but still, walked away. He got up, followed, me and said "apple with no peel?". What a toot.
Then we are starting to refuse to get IN and OUT of the car. This is often fun when its cold and rainy. He insists on certain things that are just out of his realm and its getting harder to reason with him over it. No you cant climb the ladder into the attic. No you cant swing daddys hammer on the new floor. No you cant play with the razor in the bathtub. No you cant drink daddy's Dr. Pepper. No you cant drive my car home from the grocery store. I really try not to say no to him so I rephrase everything so that I am not saying NO all of the time. Its a great tip I got when I worked at Montessori. The scene would go like this:
"I"M gonna drive home MAMA!"
My response: "Well if you drive home it would be very hard for you to see over the steering wheel. Then we might crash. And what car would you play in when you get home if ours is all crunch up?".
His little mind just gets the wheels turning and he moves ever so slowly back to his carseat. It USUALLY works but not always. Sometimes the ugly NO has to rear his head.
This comic below I felt was pretty funny. I hope you all enjoy!


No comments:
Post a Comment