Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Blessed.....

 I have found lately I am becoming overwhelmed with happiness and being content at where I am in life.  I find on my drive home that I reflect back on the good parts of the day and realize how blessed I am.  What has made this change?  I am not so sure.  I think in the past, I have always struggled to make ends meet, make time for friends and family, and do all of the things I want to do that make me happy.   In reality, I cant do it all.  Some people can or they are blessed in different ways.  What is going on right now.......works for me. I'll take it.  My life may not work for others, but is sure is working for me. 

I'm a mother and I feel very strongly that I am a good mother.  Its just the one thing I never questioned myself about.  I feel I have made very strong and right decisions about JL's care and well being.  I feel that where he spends his time, away and with me, is very well balanced and has worked for us.  Having a child has made me one happy woman. 

I'm a therapist.  I give it my all.  I LOVE my job.  I wake up every day and want to be there.  If its a day I dont work, I still want to be there.  I'm constantly craving knowledge and training and love to see progress in my kiddos.  If I dont see progress.....maintenance is my goal and maintenace is okay. 

I'm a wife.  Greg has blessed me with his presence, love, and understanding.  He is the husband for me.  He does something every day that reminds me how much he loves me.  How does he still manage to do this?  I am not sure....but I like it.

I'm a friend.  I love my friends.  I love my family.  They are my strength in any situation and I cherish the fact that I strive to maintain freindships.  I love the type of friendship you can have at a distance.  You know, the kind where you can always pick right back up where you left off and the time between meetings doesnt matter. 

I'm blessed.  I'm blessed beyond words. 

No comments: