Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Babysitters

When John Lleyton was about 9 months old, we left him with one of his all time favorite caregivers from Sunshine House, Miss Heather.  He loved Miss Heather.  He was still so colic when he started there at 12 weeks that I thought for sure they woud kick him out.  Nope, Miss Heather carried him on her hip everywhere.  Sometimes I would go to pick him up and he would not be in the room and neither would Heather. I would ask where they were and they were usually doing laundry or some other task that Heather had to leave the room for.  She hardly left the room without him.   If she needed to put him down, he would sometimes get passed to Miss Angie (the owner).  I truly feel he was loved by them.  Miss Heathers last day was emotional for JL and her.  He just pulled at her leg and didnt want to let her go.  She will be getting married in a few weeks and we cant wait to go celebrate with her.  I remember like it was yesterday.....we left to go to Aloft hotel for some much needed time away and to get some sleep.  JL had just started to come out of his colic and Heather was the one we wanted to be there for him while we were gone.  She sent us pics ever so often and it was just what I wanted.  No words, just pics.  Pics of one happy boy.


After Miss Heather moved, we were desperately searching for a new babysitter.  She became very busy and we missed her, but there were several fund raisers we needed to attend and had to get a babysitter lined up.  JL took a major liking to Miss Jen Jen (Jennifer) at Sunshine House.  Talk about smitten.  Good Lord......they are just the best of buds.  He LOVES her and just melts in her arms.  I've never seen anything like it.  Three people he does this with :  Aunt Linda, Heather, and Jen Jen.  With each of them there is this 'thing'.  With Aunt Linda its just an unconditional love, familiarity, extreme comfort, and inquisitivness. With Heather it is utter and complete trust.  With Jen is it absolute adoration. 


Jen just recently had a sweet, precious, baby girl named Greta.  JL got to experience watching Jen Jen grow and was so excited to meet Greta.  It was so wonderful to see him with Greta.  JL has always loved babies.  He has this gentleness that takes my breath away.  Sort of reminds me of our dog Joe......when there is a child around he becomes very gentle and docile....this is JL. 


Below are pictures of us with Greta.  Kinda wierd....she sort of looks like she could be ours.  I had a head full of black hair like that when I was born!  It was so nice to hold a baby.  A sweet quiet baby.  I held her for almost an hour, fed her, and just smelled her.  It was a great time.  It will sure make one miss those times you had....not long ago.   I'm glad to be able to miss those times now.  There was a time I didnt.....I used to look back at those times and only remember the negative.  I'm glad to be able to look back and see the positive now as well.    Each stage is just so much better than the last. 


Thanks for coming to visit us sweet Greta!




No comments: