Every month, at the beginning of the month, I do my gift shopping for the birthdays and events of that month. Because of the snow, my shopping was delayed and I just got around to it today. I normally take JL with me because he loves to run errands with, but with us being in the midst of cold and flu season, we limit errands to the 'dire emergencies' and Greg and I do the shopping without him.
Today I ran to Hobby Lobby for my supplies for super cute teacher gifts (will post pictures later). I then went to Target and Kohls. I never think to go into Kohls and man am I glad I did today! I got everything for 50% off and they were things already on my shopping list! I managed to only get one thing outside of my list today and it was a set of Kumon cards that are wipe off. We have the letters and JL does pretty good with those, but I thought I woudl try the shapes. They are for age 4+ so I figured they would be out of his league, but hey.....it makes for good restaurant activities. He loves anything to do with a pen, dry erase, or markers and pencils. He is usually "drawing a skeleton", "drawing a ladder", "making a list" ,or "writing santa". He switches back and forth between his left and right hand and seems to be more coordinated with his left. Sometimes he will put a marker in each hand and make circles. I know this seems wierd, but he doesnt stick his tongue out either. He even uses scissors without sticking his tongue out. I am not sure I can do that!
He continues to amaze me. He was so excited to see his new 'toy' and was very enamored with the fact that the dry erase pen had an eraser. I was able to make it through an entire magazine while he was 'writing'. Greg practiced his camera skills. Its these kinda days that I really enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment