Monday, February 28, 2011

Just for me.....

I just wanted to document a few things from the weekend.  I use this blog for my own scrapbook.  At the end of the year I have the blog printed to save my memories.  I know there will be one day when I can put a scrapbook together.....but now, this is what I have time for.  Forgive me if this doesnt interest you. I realize this is a Mommy thing....Just. For. Me.  I hope you other Mommy's and Aunts find the pride, humor, and importance of this like me!

JL has been quite inquisitive lately.  He is LOVING his "new work".  He goes to work every day like daddy and mommy and is learning so much.  I feel like they are capturing his interest and that means a lot to be becuase he seems to have quite an active mind.  His last day at school last week was Thursday.  On Sunday evening, we were driving back from Fort Smith and he says, "Mommy what does BROODING mean?".  I thought he said "brewing"....trying to think of words we have used around him.  But to clarify I said "ask me again".  I watched his lips and he said BROODING.  Well thanks to trusty ole google and the iphone I was able to provide the defintion for him.  But the bigger question was "Poppy where did you hear that word".  He said "Mom, at my new WORK!".  Ok.....so here is how the rest of the conversation went.

"When did you hear it?"
"While we were reading a book"
"A book about what"
"Dinosaurs who had eggs that were cracking".
Hence, the word BROODING. 

My thought after this conversation was "if I cant answer these questions without google at age two, I am in for it at age 4 I think".

He then hits me with "Are germs invisible".  LORDY.

This morning on the way to school he asked me to spell everything that we passed.  "Mom how do you spell house.....christmas tree, leaves, school, bus, car.......".  It went on and on.  I made him come up with the first letter and he did pretty well.  I am a good speller, so I am curious to see if he will get this from me.

He also is wanting to be three so bad.  Ever since Coi's birthday he has decided he wants to be three very quickly.  Every morning when he gets up he says "is today my birthday?".  When I say, "No, not today".  He will say "Oh, not till July and not till summer?".  He is just so excited about his birthday.  I always wondered when I would kick in that your birthday is a special day.  This is the first year he has really shown interest.  He says he wants a fireman cake.  We will see if that still holds true when his birthday rolls around.

This morning at breakfast I taught him his birthday is on July 30th.  The word 30th is the cutest thing coming out of a 2 year olds mouth, by the way.  "Thir-vee-ufth".  Precious. 

Still doing well with pottying.  Last week he started telling us when he needed to go instead of us taking him every 2 hours.  Still saddens me that the diapers are gone. :(

No comments: