Being cooped up ......literally....not even opening the doors....can get to me. So I take solace in my favorite things.....
1. The smell of fresh brewing coffee
2. Curling up to my space heater.
3. Taking a nap with JL
4. Eating dinner with my boys
5. Facebook.....i dont care....it is fun.
6. Taking pictures
7. Reading my cookbooks
8. Organizing
9. Writing thank you notes.....or just a little note for no reason.
10. and some of my favorite quotes:
"The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.”
"Sometimes it's the smalles decisions that change your life forever"
"when we long for life without difficulities, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure”
“You will always be your child's favorite toy"
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." ~Erma Bombeck
I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~Elwyn Brooks White
And my all time favorite:
I say to my child, I will explain to you as much of life as I can, but you must remember that there is a part of life for which you are the explanation. ~Robert Brault
1 comment:
I love thinking of my favorite things! I did a post about it a long time ago. Just makes me happy for some reason! :) Here's my post (in case you're bored):
http://obietriplethreat.blogspot.com/2010/05/few-of-my-favorite-things.html
I didn't even think to include favorite quotes!
Post a Comment