Saturday, January 01, 2011

1.1.11

Random thought 1:
Greg decided to stay home Friday and today and will hunt tomorrow.  I have to say, having Friday home with him and JL together has been nice.   That extra day can make all the difference in the world when it comes to errands and laundry and just having some down time.  I think the U.S. should adopt 4 day work weeks :) 

Random thought 2: 
We had our tradtional Hog Jowl meal for good luck.  Funny thing.  I had gotten out of the habit of eating the hog jowl, beans, and greens.......but last year I insisted and we had a great year.  So now I am hooked again.

Random thought 3:
Greg and I talked about our resolutions and decided on some family resolutions as well.  We did this last year and I really liked it.  It helps keep accountablility high and there is always someone to help pull the load.  Last year we decided to go green, pay of debt, and focus on health.  All three were accomplished!  We went way greener than expected, we did pay off about 1/2 of our debt, and Greg and I both lost weight and have gone almost completely organic in our diet.  We did this mainly for JL and both ended up losing weight, lost cravings for some foods we would normally die for, and our gardening/ compost skills have gotten a little better.  On the gardening note:  We had this strange tomato plant show up in our front flower garden.  It showed up while we were on vacation and I challenged Greg to leave it because my curiosity gets the best of me.  We left it, only let the rain water it, never fertilized it, and it produced 118 tomatoes!!!!!!!  It even produced tomatoes after the first frost/freeze.  We saved some of the seeds and will try to plant them next year.

So what is our family resolution this year?  Well I am sad to report that we have decided to stay in our house a little longer than expected.  We had both secretly been thinking it and hadnt told each other.   We were originally going to put the house on the market in the Spring.  BUT...the market is awful, we have some fine tuning to do (landscaping, pulling an old fence down, sodding, etc), and Greg has a huge case going to trial this summer that will take months of preparation.  The last time he did this our house had a room that was a war zone.  That along with toddler toys everywhere was not something I wanted to particularly deal with during our house being on the market.  These cases take up a huge majority of Greg's time and energy and its just a sort of deal where, yes, we would not be putting out house on the market in the middle of it. 

I also had the thought of "what if we just stay one more year and paid off all of our debt?".  This would allow us to find a new house even if this one didnt sell with no pressure.  Now that, sounds appealling to me!  Soooooo...goodbye househunters.....hello cracker box house....again.

Random thought 4:  I got my wedding pics into an album.  Thank you.  The DVD has all of the proofs on it and will go to safety deposit box.  Thank you.  I feel like I have accomplished something.

Random thought 5:  We put up JL's big boy bed.  He had never tried to crawl out of his crib or even cared to sleep in it, but he LOVES to sleep in our bed and even sleeps better in our bed....sooo...we set up his room with a big boy bed for when he is ready.  We all crawled in it and watched Hello Kitty on youtube tonight before bed.  The cats love it too.  His room is always very sunny so it was a favorite spot anyway.  Well now with a nice big bed they are for sure to be hanging out in there more often.  I'll post pics later.

off to bed.

No comments: