Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What do you know about us?

I realize that I talk alot on the blog about Poppy.  Life sort of revolves around him right now and I am realizing how fast time can get away from you.  I have made changes in my life to accomodate him and his needs and also just trying to help with some of that normal mommy guilt that comes along with having a child I guess.  Anyway,  I thought I would put a few fun things on here about us as a family.....to let you all in on the little things!  I got this idea from another blog.  I hope you enjoy!  See how many of them you know!

Fun facts about Greg:
1.  He cannot stand hospitals.  Once he smells a hospital he begins to hold his breath and faints.  Side note: He did great during Poppy's 22 hour delivery and emergency C-Section.
2.  Greg is an avid hunter (of anything, seriously).  We have eaten duck, goose, rabbit, dove, wild boar, any kind of fish, deer, and elk...so far.  Funny story, every time he has tried to hunt for the past two years, he always calls to check on us and Poppy is always sick :).  Usually happens within hours of Greg leaving.
3.  Greg loves loves loves loves to do trial law.  It would give me stomach cramps, but its his thing.
4.  He can fix just about anything.....seriously.
5.  He built a boat the winter before JL was born.
6.  His childhood dream was always to move to Alaska to live off the land.  Maybe if I am gone before him he can pursue this :)
7.  Greg taught himself to pay the guitar and now the harmonica
8.  He has never had a cavity (i am so jealous)
9.  Greg is very sentimenal...he still has the wine cork from the first dinner I cooked at his house.
10.  He makes our wine......and I love it!  I have requested blueberry next! 
11.  He has a yin-yang tattoo when he was in college... on his left shoulder blade
12.  He has been struck by lightening :)
13.  The man can cook is all  i'm sayin'
14.  He has recently taken up mountain biking
15. It drives him crazy when people use these words "irregardless" and "agreeance"

Fun Facts about Kristy:
1.  I love mustard on french fries and hash browns
2.  I never eat the 'end of anything' as greg puts it.  As in, my pizza crust, the crust of the bread I hold when I am eating a sandwich, the last bite of a hot dog.  Not sure why....wierd.
3.  I am a clean FREAK.  This has gotten better since having a toddler
4. I cherish friendships like they are a marriage almost.  Most of my friends I have known for over 20 years....they mean the world to me and I cant keep in touch with them often enough. 
5.  I love animals......would have a rescue farm if I ever won the lottery
6.  I have lived in an apartment that was haunted, seriously, gives me heebie geebies
7. I sleepwalk when I am VERY tired or stressed.
8.  I love anything sour:  sour skittles, lemons, etc  I will eat just about anything but will not eat:  watermelon, tea, celery, or coconut. 
9.  I love to read and dont watch a lot of tv.  Can go weeks without TV as long as I have a good book or blog to read.
10.  Everyone thinks I have brown eyes....but they are dark blue
11.  I am part cherokee indian
12.  I am deeply religious but am not always the first one at church when the doors fly open.  I pray ALOT during the day and sometimes I find that it consumes me.
13.  My number one pet peeve is when people throw their ciggarette butts out the car window!  If you dont want them in your car, I dont want them in my yard! .....then I remember that most new cars dont have ashtrays anymore :(
14.  I would love to own a Tea Cafe like the one I went to in NYC
15.  I want to travel the world!

Fun Facts about us as a couple:

1.  We cant stand solicitors.  Stay away from our DOOR!
2.  We met on a blind date.
3.  We play this game everywhere we go called " I called it".  We pick out people that look like famous people or we try to guess a persons occupation based on body language and conversation.
4.  We have lived near each other since we were 19 and never knew it and never knew of each other before our blind date in 2004.
5.  We would both love to live in a place surrounded by trees , a pond, and mountains as far as the eyes can see....in NWA :)
6.  We love sushi!
7.  In less than 4 years, we met, dated, got engaged, married, and had a child.
8.  Greg is a night owl and Kristy is an early bird
9.  Greg can remember any line from any movie and I rarely finish a movie because I fall asleep
10.  We both wear glasses

Fun Facts about Poppy:
1.  His new phrase is "even though"
2.  He looks like Greg and has Kristy's personality
3.  He can count to 10 and recognize his abc's
4.  Poppy seems to be very compassionate toward animals and bugs/ worms.....this can be fun when he finds a dried up worm on the sidewalk or wants to hug a fire ant or bee.
5.  He loves fruits and vegetables.
6.  He apparantly has a girlfriend named charley.  We have not told Charleys dad this.  But he came home one day and said "I like owen" and "I like owens girlfriend"
7.  He puts his arms behind him when he runs, like superman.
8.  He is double jointed like mommy.
9.  If you have a mole or pimple on your face.....he will find it....no matter where we are and who it is.
10.  His feet were so big when he was born that they wouldnt fit in the foot print box.
11.  He loves to wear hats and sunglasses.  He likes to wear two hats and prop his sunglasses on top of them.
12.  Poppy has a memory like an elephant.  He recounts his day as he is falling asleep.  When he gets up in the morning, whatever was promised the night before, he remembers to ask for the next day.

Happy Fact Reading!

Kristy

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi Brown family, miss ya'll! I loved this post! :)