Sunday, February 08, 2009

Tango Fire

Yes! We had a date night at the WAC! We went to see Tango Fire. WOW! Talk about talent. The show continued to get better as the night progressed. There was a four man band which included a piano player, cello player, acordian player, and a violin player. They were all so talented and played the entire two hours that the dancers performed. I have a dancing backgroud and this show blew me away with thier talent. I could tell that many of the dancers had been trained in classical ballet. During some parts of the performance, it almost appeared they were ice skating....thier moves were that fluid! Show Description: Estampas Portenas, the hottest Tango company from Buenos Aires, Argentina, presents Tango Fire. Featuring a quintet of brilliant young musicians, ten sexy dancers and two fine singers, Tango Fire offers a journey through the history of Tango - the world's most alluring and exciting dance. Tango Fire traces the history of Tango, from its origins in the red light district of Buenos Aires to the glamour of the Roaring Twenties; and its evolution to the world of contemporary ballroom accompanied by the music of Astor Piazzolla and many others. I just want to give a shout out one of my favotite blogs here: NWAmotherlode.com Please visit this wonderful site! You will LOVE it as well!

2 comments:

Kathleen Villar said...

Yeah! You must have won the date night! Isn't that a fabulous site. I won the tickets for Thursday night, but was sick and so we turned them down. Keep an eye out on nwamotherlode for something Shannon is going to write about how Cody and I met.

Shannon said...

I'm totally jealous! I love that site too and always enter things and never win. I'm hoping my day will come soon. Did you win the tickets?