“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Why Not?
So yesterday was the day Poppy was due. Why not make a visit to the hospital right? So we did :) Not on purpose, dont think we are crazy! I had a high fever and was in severe pain from my neck to my pelvis. I thought I had a urinary tract infection and ached like I had the flu due to the fever. I called the hotline at 4 in the morning and they told me that I had very vague symptoms and to monitor my fever while off pain meds for a few hours before I came in so they could get an accurate measure of what it was actually running. Well, this sent me into severe pain and I was not able to take care of Poppy. Greg played mommy dearest and did a wonderful job at it by the way. To make a long story short, the in laws kept Poppy and we visited the ER at Mercy. After a catheter, blood work, and a billion questions, I was diagnosed with Fever and told my body was reacting to trauma. I know I have yet to talk about the 'trauma'....and will soon.....but right now the birth story is overshadowed by the fact that my little man is the best thing since sliced bread.
Sometimes I think about July 29th/30th and realize that there are many of you out there that had it much harder than I did So....when I do finally udpate and tell the story, you all may think I am a wimp....but I know everyone is so different....and pain/emotions register so differently with everyone.
I will be making several posts today....we are finally settling in and developing some sort of routine.
A few more things:
1. Happy Birthday Courtney! Congrats on your new job! We wish you luck!
2. Thank you all for your comments and suggestions from my last post. I have taken all of them in consideration and they have helped tremendously. I also got a lot of personal emails which have been perfect! I can say this, when a girl needs help, you all are there! Breastfeeding is just like marriage....what works for one person doesnt work for another....and opinions are not what helps, but sharing personal experiences does! One of my dearest friends, with three children ( you know who you are, hehe) left me the best advice on email. She outlined how it went for her on all three children. What she did, what she didnt do, and what worked for her according to where she was in her life at that time. How perfect it was......I told her she should write a book...it is her secret calling. I will be putting some of this information on the blog for you all to see how I go about making the decisions with Poppy as time goes on :)
3. Cindy, thanks for all of your help last night....another woman who should write a book.
Till later,
Kristy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope you had a great day today! I've been thinking about you a lot. I hate that I still haven't seen little Poppy in person! If I could just get over this cough and crud...
Oh... poor thing. Visiting the ER is no fun at any time, but especially with a newborn baby at home! I hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment