Friday, July 04, 2008

The things people say....

Greg and I met at Sam's to pick up items for our BBQ. I waddled my way around and made it around pretty well. I was super tired on Thursday from getting three days of about 2 hours of sleep a night. I guess Poppy is getting me prepared for what is about to come ;). We knew we needed liquor so we headed over to the liquor portion of Sam's. As we were checking out, the lady asked me how far along I was. I told her I had six weeks left. She looked at me, shocked and buggy eyed, and said "well my gosh, oh really?, oh, he girl before you is due in three weeks and she was not near as big as you!". Can I just have a round of applause for not throwing the bottle of wine in our cart at her? Where was her filter? That is the last thing you say to a pregnant woman who already feels like an elephant making her way through the liquor aisles of Sams. Greg walked by my side in silence and put me in the car and loaded the goods in the trunk. Then he came to my window and said "hey you are so super mad arent you?". I guess the red face, purple ears,fake smile, and gritting teeth were a dead give away.

4 comments:

Matt and Jolee said...

Ohhh. Some people. Bet she's never been pregnant! I'm sure you still look adorable. Even if you are as big as an elephant, and I'm pretty certain you are not.

Ashley said...

People do say the weirdest things to pregnant women. I'm sure you look beautiful!

The Traxsons said...

I feel certain you do not look like an elephant and that stupid woman didn't have a clue what she was talking about!

Anonymous said...

That story is hilarious! Enjoy these last few weeks of "quiet" before the storm begins! I can't wait to hear about your new baby.