Saturday, March 15, 2008

ITS A BOY!!!!

March 7th was the day we found out Poppy is a boy! We are both so excited! He was very cooperative throughout the ultrasound. We got 6-8 good pictures of his little face, hands, legs and arms. We were also able to tell very clearly he is a boy! Some of us are joking with Greg that it was just the umbilical cord...but really...he is for sure a boy! We also got video (which is not in the right format to put on here, sorry!). He is moving and shaking in the video! So precious! I have posted pictures below with brief descriptions. I know they are hard to see. We will hopefully get to have a 4D ultrasound done later and can show you better results. We have decided on a name......John Lleyton. I will give you some background. John is Greg's first name (John Gregory Brown). To avoid having two John Gregory's, we chose to combine John with Lleyton, which I have loved for years. We will call him John Lleyton as well. For now Poppy still seems to stick and is shorter :) I am also so happy to use John because it is biblical. From all of my catholic catechism classes I remember talking about John alot, especially around Easter! One fun fact.... John was seated next to Jesus at the last supper! What does John Lleyton's name mean: John--God is Gracious Lleyton (slavic)--of the garden spelled Layton (english)---musical Now for his first pictures!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I can't wait to meet John Lleyon "Poppy" Brown!

Cindy Watson said...

Can we add "baby"? so it will be Baby John Lleyton Poppy Brown. That makes him sound like royalty with all those names.

Matt and Jolee said...

Yep! That's definitely a boy in all his glory, lol. I don't think you have to worry that he comes out a girl. Good pics and I'm glad he cooperated for you. :)