
Kuma did eventually quit eating and had to have her feeding tube put in on Monday. She came home with a plastic lampshade on her head, which did make me laugh. I needed a laugh. I bottle my emotions...very badly, and then eventually something small happens and I just blow. Luckily...more good than bad happens and I hardley ever blow...but...the lampshade kept me from blowing! I took a few pics that I will add to this blog later. You will laugh too.
Once home, we are feeding her every 2 hours until we go to bed. We also have to medicate her throughout the evening hours. It has been really hard, because it is all so technical and all we do is measure measure measure, then find kitty and shove food VERY SLOWLY into a tube. So our nightly hours together are:
measure meds, feed, rinse tube, wait an hour, measure food, feed, wait, clean tube, feed once more, then go to bed! In the mornings we medicate and feed her once before hauling her off to the vet for them to feed her ever 2 hours and medicate her.
Her liver needs to get better so we can nix he meds and her tummy needs to realize it needs food so she will EAT! All kidding aside, she IS GETTING BETTER. I go by on my lunch and breaks to give her a feeding cause she gives the vet fits....we all know how grumpy she can be. You know, her name "kuma" means "bear" in Japanese. How fitting!
I read a magazine article one time that said before you get married, make sure you go through certain situations with together cause it will give you a good taste of how your spouse will be as husband and father. The situations were:
illness (self)
weddings (others weddings)
family events (Christmas, etc)
family births
pet illness
making a purchase such as a car or house or other finacially binding purchase (for yourself but not together)
vacation
The only one greg and I missed before we got married was vacation. Kuma was very ill when we met and he was so nice about it ...all the will preaching he hated cats! OH...and he will have to tell you what happend on our second date with the neighbors cat :) Then shortly after that I got very ill and he was so wonderful!
Anyway...through this whole Kuma Saga, Greg has been there right by my side. He has taken turns feeding her, grooming her, taking her to the vet, keeping logs of feedings (and barfings..heheeh), giving her meds, OH and yes, babysitting her while I have to go to meetings. He has not once reminded me of what she is costing us, just says "we do what we gotta do for kuma bear". I LOVE YOU GREG!
Lets all cross our fingers that the tube comes out in 2 weeks!
1 comment:
Greg's a great guy and I'm so happy you have him!!
Post a Comment